They dropped off their Top 200 list and “Ready to Die” takes the lead with Outkast and Jay-Z rounding out the Top 3.
We’re not going to share all 200 choices, obviously, but we will shed light on the Top 10 picks and you can decide if the outlet was spot on or missed the target altogether.
This is the Top 10, in order:
1. The Notorious B.I.G., ‘Ready to Die’ (1994)
2. Outkast, ‘Stankonia’ (2000)
3. Jay-Z, ‘The Blueprint’ (2001)
4. Public Enemy, ‘It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back’ (1988)
5. Kendrick Lamar, ‘To Pimp a Butterfly’ (2015)
6. Kanye West, ‘My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy’ (2010)
7. Missy Elliott, ‘Miss E… So Addictive’ (2001)
8. Wu-Tang Clan, ‘Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)’ (1993)
9. A Tribe Called Quest, ‘The Low End Theory’ (1991)
10. Lauryn Hill, ‘The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill’ (1998)
Other appearances include Dr. Dre, Eminem, Nicki Minaj, Snoop Dogg, Cardi B, Lil Wayne, J Dilla, Clipse, Ice-T, De La Soul, Vince Staples, Kid Cudi, Cypress Hill, Azealia Banks, Eric B & Rakim, Megan Thee Stallion, The Pharcyde, Digable Planets, Lil Uzi Vert, and LL Cool J. This one spans decades and reactions have been visceral, as expected, as not only inclusions are discussed, but their placements on this list, as well.
Below, you can read through a few reactions and let us know what you think.