Digital Underground icon Shock G passed away from an accidental drug overdose.
According to the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner, Shock G passed away from an accidental drug overdose, in addition to a fatal mix of drugs and alcohol. As reported by TMZ, the 57-year-old died as a result of an overdose of fentanyl, ethanol, and methamphetamine.
Todd Williamson/Getty Images
Shock G’s funeral took place on the first day of May and his Digital Underground family was well represented, telling stories of the iconic singer’s legendary life. The rapper was found unresponsive in his hotel room in Tampa in April, showing no signs of trauma. His manager called 911 after he missed his check-out time, growing concerned about Shock G’s health.
Rest in peace to the amazing Shock G. Check out a post from Chopmaster J below, remembering the legend.